Thursday 12 January 2012

#ChristmasPudge


The following list is an estimate of what I ate and drank over the Christmas Break:

2 x Selection Boxes
1 x McDonald's Festive Apple Pie
1 x Tube of Pink Smarties (Cheer's @IanGriffinLOLS)
3 x Chocolate Santas
10 x Bags of Taytos
2 x Share-size bag of Doritos
1,000 x Chicken nuggets
2 x Tubs of Ben and Jerrys (Baked Alaska, Chocolate Fudge Brownie)
4 x Litres of Tanora
5 x Christmas Sandwiches
2 x Christmas Dinners
4 x Glasses of Mulled Wine
Half a Mince Pie (First time trying one, Yock)
1 x Frozen Pizza
3 x Lennoxes Feasts

And I'm not going to estimate on the admittedly large volume of alcohol consumed.Im my opinion this would equal to about 140,000 Calories. Combined with a couple of hunded hours parked on my bum infront of a Christmas movie this equals to:

#ChristmasPudge

This has led to me deciding to keep the following New Year's Resolutions:

1. Start Jogging. (Even though I am in no way athletic and by all admissions run awkwardly)

2. Throw away left over tins of biscuits/ Boxes of Celebrations. (Resist all temptations to poke through the bins to get them back)

3. Stop putting sugar in my tea. (Ok I don't take Sugar in my tea but I needed a resolution that I knew I wouldn't break)

All words of encouragement welcome :)

#GettingBuffFor2012 :)

16 comments:

  1. My resolution to start jogging was quickly broken when I realised that jogging is boring.
    New resolution: Find something that is somewhat like exercise, but fun, and get cracking....also don't give up on it like a month later.
    Also that food list is poor. Man up and have a third dinner! :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went for my first jog last night. All was going well untill one of my headphones fell out of my ear and I suddenly heard how I was breathing. Very loud huffing and puffing and gasps for oxygen.... I looked like I was running from the shades.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm something fun to do... We could take up white water rafting... although do they do that in Carrignavar :p

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really wish I was brave enough to tally up all I ate over Christmas...I think I'll stop putting sugar in my tea too (I never take sugar in my tea either)

    But good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha #NellerdGettinFit :) I just want people to appreciate me more this year <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. In all honest I left a few bits out, I could probably add couple of packets of jaffa cakes, packets of koka noodles and big bowls of popcorn... but I didn't wanna seem greedy :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is brilliant!! Iv started this new dinner idea that I can only eat something that is brightly coloured :) It sounds silly but it stops me eating bread and pasta. However the no sugar in tea...are you mad?? Thats a necessity...like water! Keep us updated on progress/lack of...would love to know how you get on!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh and I'll have you know Ian I went jogging for the second time this week and only stopped for breath twice so nah in your face! Don't see out beating the pavement?

    ReplyDelete
  9. This has actually depressed me a little to read... I wouldn't even try and estimate my list! Heard on the radio the other day that the average Irish person gains 3-4 lbs over Christmas!! I'd believe it too with the amount of food going around! Yikes I better get jogging too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. If I had only gained three or four pounds I woulda been laughing... even my cosy jamies are getting a bit tight :( Third night of jogging tonite, great stress relief! Would defo suggest a few jogs around exam time for anyone feeling the pressure.... then again what am I saying at exam time I make excuses to have a tea and biccy break every hour!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow i wish I had your will power! I can barely run for the bus! Hope you do well keeping this up!:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Feel your pain!...Christmas food is evil...Turns out I've a weak ankle and can't run so I've to use that stupid cross trainer - far far more boring than running!...Let us know how you get on, it will motivate me!:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. My "get fit" lasted a week I'd say and now i've starting to use the "final year, no time, too tired card"!!!
    Good luck ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Loving the amount of chicken nuggets you apparently ate! Mince pies suck, I don't understand how anyone likes them.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks like the hegarty family are big fans of the tanora then!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Im back training now, and i know that getting fit hurts and its not worth it lol

    ReplyDelete