Wednesday 23 November 2011

Disney Oldies :)

I'm really having a throw back to the early 90's lately. It all started when the Lion King was brough out in 3D a few weeks back... My friends and I booked our tickets in advance and queued up eagerly with a bunch of pre-teens and the Reel picture in Ballincollig. OMG I forgot how amazeballs the Lion King is. I cried from start to finish and ran home and downloaded the soundtrack. Seriously though how amazing is every single Disney movie ever made? I've watched nearly all of them on you tube since then. They were all just as good as I remembered even though the clips of Aladin I was watching had video footage of pokemon battles integrated into it but if anything it added effect. Wathing it in your twenties is a bit different from when you're watching it as a five year old... like did you know that all Disney movies were musicals!? Ok so obviously when you think back now duh! of course they're musicals but at the time you're like awh I wish my life was like that... breaking out in song randomly and everyone around me knowing all the words to the song I'm making up on the spot. And have you ever noticed that atleast one of the romantic leads is the son or daughter of a sultan/ chief/ mer-king/ chinese army guy?? And that they all always had a small little animal sidekick that could talk.. or atleast almost talk and rarely left their side? Here's a list of everything I've noticed about these movies that I never noticed first time round. (Don't laugh, I was five at the time)

1. Pocahontas was Native American. I thought she was Spannish.
2. Beauty and the Beast embarked on an emotional inter-species relationship.
3. Aladin was an untouchable.
4. What would the little mermaid have done when she got onto dry land to find Eric and someone served her up fish and chips? Was she part fish?
5. Simba would have eventually eaten Pumba and Timone
6. In a Bugs Life the bugs travel around performing in a "bug circus". This does not happen in real life and don't waste two Summers looking for them
7. Your toys do not come to life when you leave the room... don't try and sneak up on them.

That's all I've come up with so far... If I think of more I'll let you know! Till next week :) xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment