Wednesday 2 November 2011

Nellerd's Thoughts :)


It's November already and since I didn't give up anything for lent I decided to take another stab at giving something up, for the Holy souls and all that :) I thought long and hard about what some of my favourite things in the world are and decided after much antagonising deliberation that my two most favourite things ever are Havanas and Jagerbombs. They will be missed but this is an economical decision as well as a spiritual one. Think of the money I'll save save on fake tan, eyelashes, jagerbombs, vodkas to wash down the jagerbombs, more jagerbombs, chicken nuggets for after and taxis home? I'll be rolling in it come December. But oh, oh how I will miss my Friday nights in Havanas :( I'll miss the bouncers patrolling at the top of the queue, reminiscent of some low budget tv3 production of Criminal Minds, I'll miss carefully placing my cloakroom ticket in my bag to be lost inexplicably? I'll miss throwing some serious shapes on the dancefloor and the feeling of pure joy when you're next in the queue for the ladies' room. Heaven :) Perhaps some of the things I will be able to live without are suffering from post night out amnesia after one too many, the empty purse full of receipts and feeling like you're on work experience with taxi drivers who tell you everything thats wrong with our government and the general everyday struggles that go hand in hand with being a taxi driver... but I'll struggle on. It's November 2nd today. That's one night down and 29 more to go. I'll keep ye updated :)

8 comments:

  1. I'll say a prayer to St. Anthony for you to find your enlightenment from giving up your favourite things, I'll also say a prayer to St. Anthony that I'll find the shift more often as I wont have to compete with your fine piece of ass on the dancefloor..it's time for my ginger star quality to (niamh) shine..that was clever ;)...smooches babe..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nel! Great blog! I look forward to reading about your trials and tribulations! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, very ambitious Noelle!!

    Don't think I'm stubborn or strong enough to withstand the peer pressure that will, no doubt, come your way every Friday night!

    Another novelty will be being able to log onto your Internet Banking account on a Saturday/Sunday morning - can never seem to do it myself the morning after. I always have to give myself a few days to prepare for that daunting task...!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Bex oh god I know the feeling... I hate checking my purse after a night out and seeing how much I've spent !

    @ Everyone else Thanks for all the feedback guys :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. havs will never be the same nell, delighted you finally started blogging; your genius should always be shared. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Why thank you Jeano! I'll be endorsing proactive face cream on this thing in mere weeks!

    ReplyDelete